CAA exemption date extended until June 2020
Official Record Series 4
Civil Aviation Authority
The latest version of this document is available in electronic format at www.caa.co.uk/publications, where you may also register for e-mail notification of amendments.
17 February 2020 Page 1 of 1
Small Unmanned Aircraft – SUA Operator Registration Requirements for Members of UK Model and Small Unmanned Aircraft Associations
- The Civil Aviation Authority (‘the CAA’), in exercise of its powers under article 266 of the Air Navigation Order 2016 (‘the Order’), exempts any member of a UK Model or Small Unmanned Aircraft Association listed in paragraph 2 below, from the requirements of article 94D (registration as an SUA operator) of the Order.
- This exemption shall only apply to a person acting as the SUA Operator of a small unmanned aircraft while also being a member of one of the following UK Model or Small Unmanned Aircraft Associations:
- The Society of Model Aeronautical Engineers trading as the British Model Flying Association (BMFA)
- The Scottish Aeromodellers’ Association (SAA)
- The Large Model Aircraft Association Ltd trading as the Large Model Association (LMA)
- FPV UK Ltd trading as FPV UK
- A copy of this exemption, along with a copy of the relevant association membership document must be carried by any remote pilot when making use of this exemption.
- This exemption supersedes Official Record Series No. 1332, which is revoked.
- This exemption has effect from the date it is signed until 30 June 2020, both dates inclusive, unless previously revoked.
S L O’Sullivan
for the Civil Aviation Authority
17 February 2020
'Themed' flying days
- Chris and Dave (Chris Foss and David Boddignton designs)
- Delta Day (or even Diesel Delta Day, although that may narrow the field a bit)
- Little and Large (under 20 in wingspan or over 70 in wingspan)
- Oddballs - Ornithopters, Canards, Diesel power, Ducted Fan (as they don't fit in anywhere else), Free Flight, Control Line etc
Missing Mini Jazz
Have you seen my Mini Jazz please?
Its all white profilm covered small 30 inch wingspan aerobatic plane, black canopy, carbon undercarriage, 5 mini servos, with a rare OS LA 15 engine which has a very distinctive blue finish.
Thanks in anticipation
Hi All Members,
Our landlord has brought to my attention, that members may be leaving the gate open, during flying times and at the end of the day.
I believe it's important that we do not upset our landlord by our actions, so I propose to remind members, that they should not pass through the gate without closing it behind them, even if they discovered it open when they arrive. Please take the responsibility to close the gate after you pass through it.
May I remind all members that the last member to leave the site is responsible for ensuring that if the gate lock is present that they should lock the gate. If the landlord doesn't require the gate to be locked, he will temporary remove the gate lock, therefore if the lock is present and you are the last to pass through the gate, the member is responsible for locking the gate.
Thank you for diligence